вторник, 14 юли 2009 г.

ARTICLE: The Day That Changed My Life

Neli Urumova

The night was already spreading its azure veil along the boisterous city, with the curtains slowly falling on the serial busy working day. As a caring girlfriend, I was all but ready with the Sushi, waiting for my man to come back after the prolonged conference.
Not until the clock showed 22:30 did I got the needle and decided to go to my mom’s house not to spend the rest of the night in silence and loneliness. I stuck a slip of paper on the front door and succinctly wrote ‘At mom’s.’
Understandable as it is, Ma welcomed me with open arms, unfolding her endless thoughts and feelings born by what she’d heard. Such a bore, you bet, though it was the better option.
Not long afterwards, the phone rang. I guessed it was Ben, my boyfriend, insisting I returned. ‘It’s too late already, dear’, my voice was rather nervous, although I attempted to conceal it, ‘I’ll get back early tomorrow.’ ‘Please! I gotta tell you something that can’t be put off.’ ‘Something bad?’, I asked anxiously. ‘Well, … almost.’
I was quick to go home. There, I found Ben sitting on the sofa holding a ticket in his hand. All of a sudden, the affectionate girlfriend in me woke up and I tenderly said ‘Darling. how are you? How was the conference?’ ‘Fatiguing, but successful. How was your day?’ This game didn’t appeal to me, however. I was restless with the ticket my eyes were catching sight of, even though Ben was trying to hide it. ‘Come on. Out with it, Ben’, I said instead of answering to his question. To my surprise, Ben smiled, casting a loving glance at me, which at that moment seemed mocking to me. He put the ticket on the table and calmly said, ‘That’s it. I’m afraid, I gotta go.’ ‘Excuse me, my temper was ironic, where ‘you gotta go’?’ Ben smiled again. ‘Paris. And I’d be grateful if you do me a favour.’ ‘A favour?!’ I uttered. ‘Exactly. While being at Paris, looking after the business, I’ll need someone to care for… my heart. And as it belongs to you, would you take the responsibility?’ He opened a glossy box with a gold ring shining from within. I was amazed! ‘Yes! I will!’, I screamed in a swoon.
In a while, I asked ‘What was the bad in this?’ ‘Ur… your mom’s not coming.’ Both, we burst in laughter.
I knew I had the best man by my side and I was going to live a fairly tale, as it actually happens at present.

2 коментара:

  1. Words fail to express how fascinating this article is ... it's put it mildly fantastic! Well done!

    ОтговорИзтриване
  2. Can I come to Paris too?
    The article is so successful, that makes me want to be on the place of this woman.
    Nice job, Nelly! :)

    ОтговорИзтриване