понеделник, 13 юли 2009 г.

ARTICLE: The Day That Changed My Life

The day that changed my life
Mary Prashkova

There are moments in your life that you just don’t expect. Events that can rock your life and shake everything you believe in. The loss of my friend Sally did just that.


It was cold December night and I and my family were having a dinner. It was around 9 o’clock when the telephone rang. It was Sally’s brother. He was crying and his voice was trembling. I couldn’t catch much of what he was saying except the fateful phrase “Sally is death’. I slammed the telephone and burst into tears. From that moment everything was in slow motion – every voice I heard, every movement around me.

The night was awful, I couldn’t close my eyes or when I did the trembling voice of Sally’s brother sprang into my mind. It was early morning and I asked my parents to accompany me to my friend’s house. It was the most difficult thing I had ever done. In front of the house there were a lot of people. I tried to spot Sam – sally’s brother, but without result. My legs were stiffed and I couldn’t walk. I attempted making a move but without success. After some minutes roaming around I was ready to face the harsh reality. I skinned Sam and tried to reach him. He was my last hope to overcome with this situation.

The ceremony started. I couldn’t stop my tears. After a couple of minutes I was not able to keep the pain inside of me and rushed through the door. I found myself in front of the place where I always waited for Sally. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me. Was I strong enough to get over it?

The funeral was over. However, I was nowhere near over it. Eventually, I had to move on. I was feeling that I was outside myself. I was not the same bright and cheerful girl. I couldn’t be the same, could I? Now I know not to take life for granted and understand what precious gift life is. Each day is new adventure on this roller coast of grief. The only thing we can do is to get up every morning and try to share a smile. Because life is an alternation of good and bad moments. Sometimes the bad moments outnumber the good ones, but sometimes they just re-born you just like I was.

1 коментар:

  1. The most interesting thing here is that mine and your article have completely the same beggining! hahaha, now you see who is looking in internet for help! ;)
    However, I can burst into tears. Really strong story.

    ОтговорИзтриване